Destroy the Icon

Here I focused on unifying each element that I had added during my process. I really utilized the mask tool that allows you to re-draw layers in. I used this to bring light back in through the windows at the top of the image. I noticed this helped establish foreground and background better. I also chose to let the mountains peek through a little, but not dominate the bottom half of my piece. 

I initially chose to add flowers to my image to characterize Hepburn as a beautiful, feminine icon. As I continued to work, I waned to speak more to her role in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's, where my original image came from. I chose to leave my new image quite dark to create a mysterious environment for her. I hid her behind the jungle-like plants to push the theme. I also chose to go this route to parallel the chaotic scenes of the movie to a forest or jungle. 

Comments

  1. Lovely collage of images! A little confusing to find the original photo and where these additional photos blend in without context, but, I love the intent behind everything! Well executed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts