Destroy the Icon - In Progress Work
Taylor Swift

This is one that I was just working on briefly. I found this image on Bing of Taylor Swift performing on stage. I figured this setting may inspire me more than just an image of her face. Here I have worked with cutting, pasting, and skewing selected areas. It looks super weird, but again I'm a beginner and I figured I should share the progress, even if it's minimal. Repeating this technique over and over definitely helped me with basic navigation around Photoshop. I'm finally getting used to selections and the possibilities they have. Next, I will move some of her figure back to normal and start changing the overall red tone to maybe purple or blue. I'm also thinking of changing her environment completely by having her performing on a mountain outdoors. I think it would change the mood of the piece entirely and give me a lot of options moving forward.

Comments

  1. I think this is an interesting image to be working on. I think because of the red tones, it may be difficult to change the entire environment, but I don't think it's impossible. I think you're getting somewhere with the image you're working on now; I would focus on masks and using other images to layer over the original image so you're altering even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the environment change is a really interesting idea, especially given her more recent albums which have more folk influences. I think it also might be interesting to explore other ways to incorporate more natural elements like the texture of a tree or leaves with blend modes to further separate from the colors and shapes of the original image. I think the way in which you have deconstructed the image is also really intriguing and I look forward to seeing your next iterations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy the use of space here, red is very compatible with your iconic image. Gives off a pixelated "glitch" kinda vibe, I do feel as though you could incorporate some fun textures with additional images and blending modes. -Catherine Pickle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts