Open Project Ideas

I'm leaning in the direction of a self-portrait for the final open project. I've been inspired by recent work from other classmates using the figure and portraiture. I think it would be really fun to end the semester by speaking to my personality in this way. I'm thinking of ways I could abstract myself and will start by experimenting with photos of myself from various places. I love nature and think it would be fun to pair myself with flowers, ferns, or some kind of natural environment. 

Comments

  1. Hi Julia! I love this idea, and I think it's great way to end the semester, too. I'd love to see how you interpret expressing yourself through the digital medium. Especially in a Zoom class where it can be a lot more difficult to form relationships and get to know each other, I'm looking forward to learning more about you through this! Pairing pieces of nature with yourself feels very fitting with your previous works, as well. So, I'm excited to see the culmination of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the self-portrait! I especially like the idea of the ferns. I think ferns have such an interesting shapes so I look forward to see how you combine images of yourself and natural elements like ferns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia! I can sort of picture how you're dealing with this project already in comparison to your last project. Abstraction with nature usually results in some really beautiful stuff so I look forward to seeing where you go with this!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts